Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Subaru OEM Wide band O2 sensor idea

  1. #1
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey guys,
    I heard that the new Subaru WRX's have factory wide band O2 sensor.

    Wondering if it were possible to use one of those units on a Honda and some how fab up a unit to display the O2 readings?

    Thoughts?

    C speedbanner

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ArturboGSR98's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 1999
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If this is true I have a schematic to make a Air to fuel meter. I dont know how accurate it would be, but its worth a try.

    art

  3. #3
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd love to have that -- no more guesswork.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ArturboGSR98:
    If this is true I have a schematic to make a Air to fuel meter. I dont know how accurate it would be, but its worth a try.

    art
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    What kind of output does you schematic use? Is it an analog output (autometer style) or digital reading like a multimeter?

    Whats the 'resolution'? (ie. does it display on a scale of 1-100v or 1-10v? if you know what i'm talking about)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ArturboGSR98's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 1999
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The read out is anoalog using LEDs. But we can use a decoder to make it a digtal readout with a LCD. That would be cool. I would like to use a anlong meter with a sweep needle(if thats what you call it)

    But what do you think?
    View?u84232&ampa615348&ampp26015367&ampSequence0&ampreshigh

    art

    [This message has been edited by ArturboGSR98 (edited April 23, 2001).]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm looks interesting.. Estimated cost on making one of those units?

    Also, how many LEDS does/can it use (resolution)?

    You prefer to have a 'needle' style output? I don't think that would react fast enough during an WOT run would it?

    For example, if you are running at 12:1 a/f at 6000rpms and then at 6200rpms its at 11.2:1 a/f, you think the needle style will react fast enough to show a drop within 200rpms when you are at WOT?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ArturboGSR98's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 1999
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It appears that it uses 30 LED's. I didnt know it was that many.
    But I'm thinking the parts will be around $20-$45 total.

    You made a good point about the nedle style not reacting fast enough.

    Now I need to pull out my TTL logic book to see what parts I can cross reference. Then I can go to Radio shack or order the parts online. I've been really busy lately so I dont know when I can come around to do it, but I think its worth a good try. Im up for it.

    art

  8. #8
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ArturboGSR98:
    It appears that it uses 30 LED's. I didnt know it was that many.
    But I'm thinking the parts will be around $20-$45 total.

    You made a good point about the nedle style not reacting fast enough.

    Now I need to pull out my TTL logic book to see what parts I can cross reference. Then I can go to Radio shack or order the parts online. I've been really busy lately so I dont know when I can come around to do it, but I think its worth a good try. Im up for it.

    art
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Sweet, ok I've done some electronic design in the past, but nothing 'hardcore'. Do you have a circuit layout for this schematic? Also, if you have aparts list, I can start doing some research around here as well and see what I can dig up locally.

    PS: 30 leds looks like plenty for a good 'resolution' for tuning. How would we know what led(s) corresponds to say a 12.5:1 /af ratio? heh

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ArturboGSR98's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 1999
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G3-TEG:

    How would we know what led(s) corresponds to say a 12.5:1 /af ratio? heh
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Shit good question. But I think I can find out.

    art


  10. #10
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hehe, well we can always hit a dyno and find out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •